Energy & Housing

This department houses programs designed to provide energy and housing services.

Energy Assistance:

CSET’s energy assistance program helps pay utility bills for low-income families in Tulare County. Once a year, low-income families in Tulare County can have either their Southern California Gas or Southern California Edison bill paid through CSET’s Energy Assistance Program.

In addition to financial assistance, we also provide applicants with Energy Conservation Information. This information is presented weekly during Energy Orientations held in various communities throughout Tulare County. Orientation schedules can be provided upon request.  For more information, please call the Energy Assistance Hotline at 1-844-224-1316.


The Weatherization program is provided at no cost to low-income families who own or rent an apartment, home or mobile home in Tulare County. The goal of the program is to help low-income households reduce heating and energy costs by improving the energy efficiency of their homes. Residents gain valuable information on how to conserve energy and improve energy related health and safety conditions. 

Eligible residents receive cost effective measures such as: weather stripping of exterior doors, water restrictors and low-flow shower heads, water heater blankets, switch and outlet gaskets, lighting retrofits, carbon monoxide detectors, glass window repair or replacement, gas appliance repair or replacement and other minor home repairs.  For more information, please call the Weatherization Hotline at (559) 741-4649.

First Time Home Buyer:

The First-Time Home Buyer Program may assist low-income households buying their first home by providing a deferred payment loan to purchase the property. The program also offers first time homebuyer education.  For more information, please call the First Time Home Buyer Hotline at (559) 741-4641.

Foreclosure Counseling:

If you are a homeowner in danger of losing your home, CSET may be able to help. Our counselors can help you understand your options and provide information that may help save your home. Services are free and our counselors are bilingual (English/Español).

For more information, please call the Foreclosure Counseling Hotline at (559) 741-4646.  Please leave your full name, telephone number and the best time for one of our foreclosure counselors to return your call.  One of our counselors will contact you as soon as possible.

Sponsored by Rural Community Assistance Corporation and Neighbor Works.

Keep Your Home California:

Keep Your Home California has four different programs that can help homeowners who are experiencing difficulty making their mortgage payments.  Keep Your Home California can assist homeowners who have been unemployed, have experienced a hardship, or need to modify their current mortgage.

Emergency Food and Shelter:

CSET’s Housing Assistance services are available through the Energy Food and Shelter Program. This program is available to CSET participants who are low-income and reside in Tulare County. Specific eligibility guidelines are required and families can utilize rental assistance once a year.

Supportive Housing Program

The Supportive Housing Program promotes the development of supportive housing and supportive services, including innovative approaches to assist homeless persons transition from homelessness, and enable them to live as independently as possible.

Website designed & developed by EWM Studio

CSET © 2010  |  312 N.W. 3rd Ave. Visalia, CA 93291  |  559.732.4194  |  FAX 559.733.3971